What We Do
Property Law and Conveyancing
Rae & Partners director Mel Kerrison heads up the team of conveyancers and property lawyers. The team provides top notch, holistic service to anyone buying or selling a Tasmanian property, be it residential, commercial or rural. Or a mixture (because we know that property transactions aren’t always straight-forward!). And we also handle all those little unforeseen hiccups along the way.
Our property law and conveyancing services include (but are definitely not restricted to):
- Residential property sales and purchases
- Commercial property sales and purchases
- Rural property sales and purchases
- Property matters, subdivisions and strata title
Rae & Partners principals Amber Cohen, Evan Hughes and Lauren Bartlett lead the litigation team, which comprises lawyers with broad litigation experience. We also have a criminal law service if you happen to find yourself on the wrong side of the law.
Our litigation team helps in all our other practice streams when advocacy is needed. Litigation services include:
- Commercial litigation, including contract disputes
- General civil disputes, including building and property matters
- Preparing and responding to payment claims
- Employment law and industrial relations matters, including unfair dismissal
- Motor vehicle accidents (MAIB Claims)
- Personal and workplace injuries
- Estate disputes and claims (TFM)
- Debt recovery and enforcement proceedings
- Criminal law (Magistrates and Supreme Courts) including restricted licence applications
- Residential tenancy disputes
- Administrative disputes and appeals
- Financial secured recoveries
Rae & Partners principal Emily Turner is boss lady of the family law team. For the often-sensitive issues in this department, our lawyers provide compassionate, knowledgeable and tactful advice and services. They include:
- Property settlements (by consent and disputed)
- Parenting orders (by consent and disputed)
- Financial agreements (pre-nups and similar)
- Mediation (voluntary and compulsory)
- Family Violence Orders
- Child support matters ( binding child support agreements, applying to vary assessments, addressing arrears)
- Divorce proceedings and processes.
Our commercial law team, under astute guidance of our experienced Directors, work individually and collectively to achieve your desired goals. Our advice and services are up-to-date, timely, smart and value-for-money. They include:
- Business sales, purchases and structuring
- Companies and corporations law
- Business succession planning
- Mortgage preparation and securities
- Property matters, subdivisions and strata title
We act for employers and employees across a wide range of industries on matters including:
- Award and enterprise agreement compliance
- employment contracts
- workplace investigations, disciplinary processes and termination
- restructure, redundancy and transfer of business
- dismissal disputes including breach of contract, unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- anti-bullying and anti-discrimination
- executive employment and restraints of trade
- organisational policies and procedures
- independent contractor arrangements
Rae & Partners’ most senior director Phil Lebski is our leader in the estate planning and administration team. These folk provide essential advice about wills, succession planning and other modes of estate planning.
We also count it a privilege to provide compassionate advice and services to obtain probate and administer deceased estates, because that’s going to be the last thing your family wants to worry about. Our services include:
- Estate administration
- All types of wills (simple, testamentary trust, life estates)
- Powers of attorney
- Enduring guardianship
- Guardianship board (applications and representation)
- Binding death benefit nominations
- Superannuation death benefit claims
Everybody wants to find a win/win solution. Mediation is the best way to achieve these outcomes in a safe, timely and cost effective environment.
At Rae & Partners, we offer a range of mediation services from our Launceston or Devonport offices, on neutral ground. Senior Associate, Jill Prentice is a Resolution Institute trained, nationally accredited mediator. Jill is available to assist disputing parties reach a settlement that produces results for both sides.
Jill specialises in family law disputes, but is also trained and available to mediate any type of matter.
Jill is also a nationally accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. She can assist in family law property disputes or issues relating to children. As an experienced family lawyer she understands the issues and how settlements can be sanctioned by the Court.
Buying a house? Selling a property? Whether you’re an individual or a business, with interests...Learn More +
For all commercial law matters, from tax and trusts to superannuation; leases and licenses to...Learn More +
Compassionate and knowledgeable advice and services for your particular situation.Learn More +
Representing employers and employees on all aspects of law in the current working environment.Learn More +
Your go-to for essential advice about wills, succession planning and other modes of estate planning.Learn More +